Yeah I’ve slacked off a bit with the posting. Nothing too super awesome has gone on in the past few weeks. Lets see if I can find the time between all these ridiculous calls at work to give you a brief update.

-I made that Chocolate Delight my friend gave me the recipe for, and it is FANTASTIC. I ended up kind of screwing up which resulted in a burn on my finger and a jacked up crust. However it tastes the same, which is amazing.

-We went totally nuts and destroyed all the awful, overgrown bushes in our yard. It took two runs to the dump to get rid of all the green waste. Which by the way, green waste side of city dump is AWFUL. But now we have all this space in our yard. Yay!!!

-Dan came home from Houston and will remain here for a few weeks. Hopefully we can use this time to work on the house and other stuff.

-I’ve consumed the majority of the aforementioned Chocolate Delight. Muffin top? Why yes I have one, and no running isn’t helping. I do love the running though. I keep telling myself that when I get to like 5 miles a day the caloric intake vs. output will balance out and the weight will just fall off. Oh yeah, that is what we call optimistic friends, and yes it was coming from me.

-Speaking of optimism. I think I went a whole day without thinking any negative thoughts about myself. This might be a day worthy of marking on your calendars to remember for all eternity. It is such a rare occurrence the world is probably spinning in the opposite direction now from such an event.

-We are loving our new ward. There isn’t one kind of family that is more dominant than the others in our ward. We have new families, newly empty nesters, a few “nearly dead,” and anything in between. It is actually quite nice. Our bishop is hilarious, young, used to play video games and has 7 kids. Hopefully he isn’t reading this right now, if he is “Hi Bishop!” I’m actually kind of excited. Although I dread the already pending calling (I am NOT social) and the recently handed out visiting teaching assignments. Do I really have to talk to people? People I don’t know? Have you lost your mind?

-I’m going to attempt to grow a bonsai tree at work. I’m feeling a bit confident in the plant growing category since I rocked the tomatoes and watermelon (please disregard the mention of all my failing attempts at such plants).

-I also realized that telling ANYONE of my attempts to be more positive was a horrid idea. Of course now everyone feels the need to tell me when I’m not being positive. “remember you’re trying to be positive” or “that doesn’t sound very positive” Seriously people no one is perfect ALL the time. I’m gonna have a few bad moments. Not to mention I’m just barely working on this, it will not happen over night. No, it won’t.

-Statistics=Boring Yes, I love math. I’m nerdy like that. I think I just enjoy knowing I’m awesome enough to understand something so complex that a lot of people can’t wrap their head around. How’s that for an ego? Well this Stats class is melting my brain, literally. The teacher is awesome, super hilarious. Thank Heavens because the U is notorious for math professors who can’t speak English. I’m hoping the class will get a bit more challenging. Doing basic algebra for a whole semester might cause me to lose my mind. Although, the easy A is awesome.

I think that is about all. Maybe I'll return with some more.

Comments (0)