I have a friend/acquaintance from high school who is absolutely hilarious. Her blog is a guaranteed laugh. She recently posted a list of her most embarrassing moments. I decided I needed to do a list because I experienced the world's most embarrassing moment ever...period.

-When I was a kid at the Boys and Girls Club at Horizon Elementary I decided to try one of those small cartons of chocolate milk. I realized I hated it right after the first swallow (still hate it) and decided to toss the mostly full carton into the garbage can. The garbage can was probably only half a foot shorter than me at the time. I dropped the carton in and ALL the milk came flying up and covered my hair in chocolate milk. COVERED. Horrible.

-I once wore some workout pants to the B&G Club that had an elastic waist band. Some kid decided to pull my pants down, and he did. I ended up bearing my undies to the whole group of kids. Not awesome. If I remember correctly I might've even had some holes in the bum part of my underwear too.

- Then there was the time I thought I'd be cool and do a backbend in the gym of the B&G Club. I totally biffed it and landed on my head. I ended up being taken to the hospital....in an ambulance. Here I was trying to show off my mad skills which ultimately resulted in one of my more frightening moments ever.

-When I was about 14 I went to Raging Waters. I was riding what I believe is called the Shotgun, a water slide that curves upward at the end and launches your body into the air then you fall into the water. I was wearing a two piece, and yes my top came off. It was up around my neck. You'd think no one was watching since I wasn't their child or anything. No, a man was standing near the edge of the pool, smoking, and watching. He totally saw my teenage boobs while I struggled to put my top back on.

-Another B&G Club story. I was walking away from the building, the same way I had billions of times. I ended up walking straight into the flag pole. Whacking my head super hard.

-Tour Guide Barbie. This story is apparently a classic in my family. I was pretending to be tour guide Barbie from Toy Story. I suddenly realized my chest size wasn't big enough for the role I was attempting to portray. I ran to my room and grabbed some socks. I stuffed the socks down my little teen bra. I was laughing hysterically as I showed my mom and sis. Turns out they had a plan of their own and snapped a pic of my fake Barbie boobs. Awesome... This is a story Mom will tell anyone!

-I cut my clothes a lot when I was a kindergartner. Apparently I felt the need to "test" the scissors. Of course I couldn't test them out on paper...I had to try it on my clothes.

-This moment was not embarrassing when it happened, but now that I'm older I'm quite embarrassed by it. My mom and I always communicated through notes when I was a child. I decided to send her a note letting her know how I felt about her wanting another baby. Oh was I mean. I gave her all kinds of nasty reasons as to why she shouldn't selfishly have another kid. My mom always told us she felt like she was supposed to have more kids. Yeah it's my fault she didn't because I was a mouthy little kid.

-There's probably thousands of things I've done in an attempt to impress a boy I was interested in. I really can't think of one instance or another, but I know for a fact I did a ton of stupid things trying to look awesome. Go me!

-We went to move from our apartment and I had packed up all of our "married couple things" before I allowed anyone to help us. Then we get to the new house and see a box my mother in-law packed. Inside this box is a VCF which obviously belongs to me. So glad my in law packed my contraceptives. At least my husband's whole family is super open about sex, otherwise this could've been beyond awkward.

-On that same topic, I was at my first "girl" doctor visit and I was super nervous. When I was called back I assumed it was for a blood sample since I knew they were going to do that first. I asked my mom to come with me since I was frightened especially about having my blood drawn. Turns out it was for the...exam... Yeah my mom was in the room for my first female exam. Don't worry she put her magazine directly in front of her face thus averting any personal images.

Really that's all I can think of for right now, but I'm sure I have a trillion more. However the whole reason I started this post was to divulge my most reason embarrassing moment, so which one was it you ask? Not any of those. I saved it for last. So without further ado I present to you the world's most embarrassing moment:

-I'm getting ready to go for my daily jog meaning I have on my workout tank top and capris. As I get ready to leave the house the doorbell rings. Husband takes off for the bedroom to put clothes on. First I grab the pile of clean garments waiting to be folded off the living room floor and toss them into the guest bedroom. Then I answer the door. Yay it's the Elder's Quorum first and second counselor from our new ward. Here I am in my stinky work out clothes that may or may not be appropriate according to them talking to church guys. Then I realize my tattoo is showing. What a great first impression I'm making! Halfway through the conversation I run back inside letting my husband resume the conversation. I'm not a huge social person anyways. Then I realize.....there are two empty boxes on our entrance landing. These two boxes came from Blue Boutique. Yeah I'm not going to tell you what they were but obviously they came from a store that is known for certain kinds of products. The whole times these two church guys have been out on our front porch they could look through the glass door and see these items. Yeah.... Now I have completely made an awesome introduction. Hi new religious guys, here let me wear a controversial outfit, show skin, sport my tattoo, and on top of that here's some scandalous items in my house!!! Go me!!!

Now... what's your most embarrassing moment?

Comments (3)

On August 6, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Chels said...

Bahahaha. Niiiiice! Gotta love run ins with the EQ presidency.

 
On August 6, 2010 at 8:25 AM , luv2offroad2 said...

What you failed to mention in your story about the letters to not have any more children, is how you wrote them and slid them under the bedroom door whilst your parents were having sex. :D

And yes, I saved every one of those notes and have them to show at a moments notice. Can't wait to show them to your kids. HA! I LOVE YOU!!!

 
On August 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM , Raven said...

no u cut ur clothes cuz u didnt like them. u thought u were ugly unless you had cute clothes.