Wow I had no clue today was going to be such a whacked out day. Of course I got home from work and went running. After that I decided to figure out what was causing the weird smell in the ferret room. I discovered Suki's stash of food (food storage I suppose) and figured that it was the cause. Then I decided to clean the Easter egg bin in their room. This is a 30 gallon tote full of Easter eggs that the ferrets roam around in. They absolutely love it, but it needs to be cleaned. Which of course is like a massive job. Afterwards I cleaned the cage pans. Now I have the room cleaned and go to make their food. Then I loose my balance and spill the food all over the floor.... GREAT!!!! I sigh and shrug it off. I must be making some kind of progress since I didn't have a breakdown, instead I laughed.

Next I decide to make brownies. Rocky Road brownies, made of devil's food cake batter, marshmallows, and pecans. As I'm adding the eggs into the batter I drop a whole eggshell in the batter. I really must be a ditz. Then I drop the next eggshell into the batter. Wow, I think I might be a bit too clumsy. Sigh again, whatever. I go to check on the brownies after 30 mins, yeah the center is beyond gooey and isn't even warm. Oh and did I mention that it is overflowing the pan? Yeah it tripled in size and isn't even done baking!!! I was going to say I failed to mention one of other thing on my last post, I'm a surprisingly good cook. Now I think that maybe I'm just a really good...experiment chef? I find these awesome recipes online and give them a try. Typically they turn out awesome. Other times they just don't work out like they're supposed to. Yup this was one of those. I now have a brownie that is quite massive and funky shaped. I have no clue how I'm going to make it look appealing for my husband because in reality it looks awful. Ha, it'll probably taste good though! Wow it's been one of those days where it seems like everything is a bit out of whack, especially with eggs....

Comments (2)

On August 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM , Lois Lane said...

Chop it up and put it in ice cream, then pretend it was supposed to be that way?

 
On August 16, 2010 at 3:43 PM , mbreck said...

fUNNY. You poor thing.