Not only did I recently discover that I enjoyed running but hiking as well. I think hiking has the greatness of being surrounded by nature of camping and the comfort of city living. I hate the idea of camping because I cant shower and everyone ends up smelling disgusting. However I still want to enjoy nature, and this is where hiking comes in. I can enjoy the beauty of the earth then return home to my clean bed and fantastic shower! Ah, isn't it great? I've been dying to hike more but unfortunately it is quite a challenge when you're a girl and it probably isn't safe to go alone. Oh why don't I take my husband? Not! See Dan and I have this thing where we agree on....nothing. We literally have only a handful of things in common. Otherwise you can guarantee we'll be the complete opposite. If I love it, he'll hate it. This is how we are with hiking and camping. He loves camping and hates hiking. I love hiking but find camping to be no good. Thus my ability to hike has been a bit limited. Fortunately I have a friend who enjoys hiking, but getting our schedules to coordinate is another thing. On Friday we managed to hike Donut Falls after I got off work. We weren't able to get all the way up to the top due to it being a bit too dark. Then on Saturday we hiked Rattlesnake Gulch which is part of the Pipeline trail. It was a lot of fun, although very strenuous in the beginning. Although I've worked up to being able to run double almost triple what I could a month ago, I found myself panting with my toosh burning. But the view was magnificent and the friends were great! I think I'm evolving into a better version of me, but unfortunately this new me doesn't share any common pleasures with my husband. I'm enjoying finding new friends and being social. I'm also overcoming my social anxieties. Look at me go!

Mass amounts of ferrets? Yeah what happens when you own four ferrets and come home to eight? Well the poop definitely doubles, yay for me! Also you realize that when your in-laws mentioned you'd be taking their ferrets for a weekend you probably should've marked that weekend on your calendar. My mother in-law's sister was in town and spent the weekend at their house. However one of my in-laws' ferrets is an escape artist and would likely find his way into the guest room. Thus we said we were willing to take the ferrets to our place for the weekend. Only thing is I pretty much forgot what weekend that would be. We loved having them here though. They're really fun and our ferrets love having friends around. I'm very glad that we had them here, just wish I could remember when I sign up for these things....

Medco, oh Medco. This would be our pharmacy processor. Essentially they provide my company with a system that interfaces with the pharmacies' systems. When a pharmacy submits a prescription through your insurance it goes through the pharmacy processing system. The pharmacy processing company then pays the insurance company for all the claims, and we pay them. Of course my personal medical insurance is through the company I work for. Therefore my prescription claims go through this system. We use to have a super awesome pharmacy processor that we took for granted. Well we found out they were essentially ripping us off and there were giant corporate lawsuits, blah bliddy blah. Now we have Medco, who is uber strict. If you feel your medication 7 days early every month it'll eventually catch up to you. The Medco system will say you have too many pills in your possession and will not allow a new fill to go through. Well this happened to me. Yes, even insurance company employees get screwed over by their insurance company. Turns out, Medco won't let me fill my birth control for 2 more days and I was supposed to start it yesterday. Oh well! Good thing Dan is out of town, because right now I'm birth control free thanks to the pharmacy processor I curse all day, everyday.

I think I'm out of stories for now. Sorry that it is kind of boring. At least I'm giving you something right?

Comments (0)