Some of you may already know but Houdini passed away 1/13/2010. He essentially bled out from his Juvenile Lymphoma. The disease progressed to where we believe he had tumors on his adrenal glands (as indicated by red splotches on skin) and tumors on his thymus gland (as indicated by labored breathing. Unfortunately Juvenile Lymphoma is 100% fatal, regardless of any treatments, surgery, or chemotherapy. The Prednisolone was helping his spleen a ton. His belly was much smaller and he was putting on some weight. It was very hard for me to come home and find him dead. Especially with Dan miles away in Fiji. However we are glad that we didn't have to put him through surgery and other procedures to ultimately have him pass away. He is all better now and mom CANNOT wait to see him. We placed him in a beautiful beach box my mother-in-law bought. He was wrapped in his pouch that I would wear around my neck all day with him in it so he could be close. He was even in it earlier that morning eating a bit. We also placed a few of his rubber duckies in the box that he loved so much. His tiny frail body was placed to rest at my in-laws house in the backyard by the herb garden. There is a bench right in front of his spot so I can sit and talk to him whenever I want. I've purchased two memorial stones, one to go above his grave and one to go in our ferret room with another rubber duckie. I miss him so much. It has been incredibly hard to deal with his passing since he was so young (turns one tomorrow) and to me the ferrets are my babies. They mean the absolute world to me and I'd do anything for them. However he needed to go so he could feel better. Every night before I go to sleep I tell him I love him, like I told him all the many times we were in the bathroom trying to get better. He will be missed dearly and we love him so very much!!!

Comments (2)

On January 21, 2010 at 7:24 AM , luv2offroad2 said...

I love you sweetie! You've done a great job being a mom to your little fur babies. Houdini is making people laugh in heaven now.

 
On January 28, 2010 at 9:59 AM , mbreck said...

That was a beautiful post. I love you.