You know how I recapped my embarrassing moments? Well this one needs to be added to the list. Of course I’m the lucky kind of person who experiences embarrassing moments at work.

I'm sitting at my desk, waiting for a call, and reading a book on my iPhone. I had my head propped up on my arm while looking down at my phone. As always I'm tired and have to fight back the eyelids of mine that weight 200 lbs. I decided that I should probably adjust to sitting straight up while holding my phone up so I can make a conscious effort NOT to fall asleep. You'd think I'd know by now that this is not effective. I fell asleep and dropped my phone. And where did my phone land? On my face!!! The edge of my phone smacked me right in the nose. This did wake me up. I quickly looked around to make sure no one witnessed the event. Pheww! I'm safe. One might think that I only fall asleep at work every once and a while. Unfortunately this is not the case. It pretty much happens on a daily basis. Don’t think that I fall asleep out of boredom or because I’m a bad employee. I REALLY REALLY try not to. It is like a literal fight between me and my eyelids. I rarely win. Of course it gets much worse than just falling asleep at work. I’ve been known to fall asleep mid-sentence, throw things while asleep, and make noises in my sleep. Seriously if someone started filming these moments of mine it'd make quite the youtube video compilation.

I’m really glad my boss and other supervisors are understanding and don’t fire me for my inability to maintain consciousness.

Comments (0)